INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOUR VASECTOMY
1. Review the Vasectomy page at www.myvasectomydoc.com. Understand the Alternatives to Vasectomy.
2. Understand the Instructions Following Vasectomy below so that you know what to expect.
3. Please shave the underside of the penis and the front wall of the scrotum on the evening before your vasectomy. A bit of alcohol is used to clean the skin before use of the MadaJet® and it can sting slightly right after a fresh shave if the skin is chafed.
4. Use no powder or deodorant in the genital area on the day of your procedure.
5. Bring an athletic supporter or snug fitting underwear/boxer-briefs to hold your scrotum tight against your body after the procedure.
6. Be prepared to sign the operative consent sheet on our website upon your arrival in the office.
7. Driving home: It is not required if you did not take anti-anxiety medication, but if possible, arrange to have someone drive you home. If you did take anti-anxiety medication you must have someone drive you to and from the procedure. If you must drive yourself, drive in the right lane, so that you can pull over at the slightest hint of delayed lightheadedness. Also, a flat tire or fender bender could lead to complications.
8. Plan to do nothing but recline at home on the evening of the vasectomy.
9. Do not take any aspirin-containing medication for five days before the procedure.
10. Eat before your procedure, a normal breakfast or lunch. Nervous men who do not eat beforehand are more likely to become lightheaded during or after their vasectomies.